Question

Quickbase can’t find record id

I am trying to create a zap that triggers from an in coming gmail then update a quickbase record.

Problem is that the string of text from the email doesnt seem to find a record id in quickbase.

If I type the string in manually it works, but using the string from the email doesnt (see image)

If I actually type 899VUO into the criteria value it works…..

Any help appreciated..

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Damien Page 

The raw string from Gmail may contain invisible characters like whitespace or linebreak, you can try using formatter>Convert to ASCIII or formatter > Trim Whitespace to transform the text and then put the transformed text into the Quickbase field.

Hi @Damien Page 

The raw string from Gmail may contain invisible characters like whitespace or linebreak, you can try using formatter>Convert to ASCIII or formatter > Trim Whitespace to transform the text and then put the transformed text into the Quickbase field.

Hi and thanks for the response….

Am new to Zap but figured it was searching quickbase for more then the required sting of text.,

The convertors that you mentioned…. is that something that’s native to Zap or need to be applied to the email prior to Zap.

Cheers

Damien