Question

Question about object associations in hubspot

• 11 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, nice to meet you. I am a user of zapier in Japan. First of all, I am not fluent in English and my question is using a translator. Therefore, please understand that there may be some grammar and other things that are not correct.                                               With the November update of hubspot, it is now possible to associate the same objects with each other. (e.g. contact to contact, deal to deal) 
We would like to take advantage of this and automate the associations using zapier. 
What we would like to achieve is the following

When a deal stage in the sales pipeline is closed, a customer success deal is created and associated with it.            
The name of the associated label could be Sales deal ⇔ Renewal deal, etc. We are still working on a name for this.  

However, I think that the create association function that can be selected in the zapier action does not allow the same object to be selected.

Is there a solution to this problem at this time?        

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @shingo tokium, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I couldn’t find any internal documentation on this end to confirm whether it’s now possible to create associations between HubSpot objects of the same type. It looks like the app removes the previously selected object type from the dropdown list on the Type of the objects the from object is being associated with field. But I wonder if you could use the Custom value option to manually select the same object type again.

For example:
2e2c01281bc5bc2259e83c38eb342fbd.png

You can learn more about using custom values here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Can you give that a try and let us know if it successfully creates the association between the two deal objects?