Question

Put file in specific folder but file’s information is not exactly the same as folder name

Hi all, 

I’m new to Zapier and investigating how our company can automate proposal uploads from Docusign to Google Drive. We don’t have an enterprise plan and need a third-party solution.

I want to put a file in a specific folder on Google drive, but the information from the file is not exactly the same as the map's name. 

File name: [Company_name] 
Folder name: [Company_name] + [client_id] + [project_name]… 

Is it possible to use a contained condition instead of an exact match?

Put the file in a folder that contains [Company_name].

Please tell me if more info is needed.
Thanks! /Haris

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Haris!

There is a search action for Google Drive that allows you to search for a folder, so you should be able to do this. For that part of the Zap you would have a Google Drive Find Folder step to find the folder based on the company name and then use the Google Drive upload file step. 

I hope that’s clear - let us know if you need any other help with your Zap :) 

Hi, I have already tried that but it’s not working because the folder name is not identical with the company name.

Folder is like this: 
CustomerNumber.CompanyName
Example: 
125.Apple

So if the company is Apple, it won’t find the folder right now because it’s not identical. What I as asking was can I extract some of the data from the folders to locate where it should be?

Hi @Haris!

There is a search action for Google Drive that allows you to search for a folder, so you should be able to do this. For that part of the Zap you would have a Google Drive Find Folder step to find the folder based on the company name and then use the Google Drive upload file step. 

I hope that’s clear - let us know if you need any other help with your Zap :) 

Hi, I have already tried that but it’s not working because the folder name is not identical with the company name.

Folder is like this: 
CustomerNumber.CompanyName
Example: 
125.Apple

So if the company is Apple, it won’t find the folder right now because it’s not identical. What I as asking was can I extract some of the data from the folders to locate where it should be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I gave this a test and this type of search is working for me. 

I created a folder called 123.apple in Google Drive:

Set up a Zap that searches for a folder using ‘apple’ as the search term:

And when I tested the Zap step it found the folder:

Are you able to share a specific example of a folder name that isn’t being found by your Zap? And could I ask if it sometimes works or if it never works? That will hopefully help us to see what’s going on.