Best answer

Pushed message/New Team Custom Emoji Slack triggers only return generic information in sample

• 16 October 2021
  • 4 replies

On this topic:

SumikoErik said:

I’m trying to set up a zap based on a given pushed Slack message.

It seems intuitive enough, but when I try to set it up, the information in the picture below comes up instead of my actual information. In Slack, when I push the message, it appears to go through as normal and gives me the confirmation in Slack, but it never shows up in my zap. Instead it gives me this information and will never find anything else when I push them. 

If the zap is turned on, it triggers everything else in the zap, but I can’t gather information from the pushed message itself. There are probably ways that I can move around this, but it seemed strange.

I did a search and didn’t find anything that seemed like a match. 

​​​Information passed to the zap, but not information that I sent.

I have a Slack and Zapier subscription… I have the same issue. Can you help ?! Thank you!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 January 2023, 23:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex Palita 

Have you tested using the Push to Zapier option in Slack?

Try pulling thru newer trigger samples: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Hello! @Troy Tessalone  

Yes, that’s exactly how I do it :).

I can’t get any new pushed message, just one message with generic information.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Alex Palita,

I’ve been looking into this and it seems that you’re running into a known bug where real data samples aren’t being returned. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We can’t give an ETA on when it will be fixed but we will send you an email notification as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, if there are specific fields missing from the default sample that’s in the Zap, then you can try selecting the missing fields using the approach outlined here:

Hope that helps! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends 👋🏽 I wanted to swing by and let ya’ll know this bug was recently closed! 

The “New Pushed Message” trigger still pulls sample data (ie: it won’t pull live samples from Slack) while testing however we did add permalinkraw_text, and ts_time fields to the sample.

Of course if you have any questions or you’re still running into errors please don’t hesitate to let us know in the community or open a ticket with my teammates in support.

Thanks for your patience and happy zapping! ⚡️