Question

Pulling Multiple Items (subitems) from monday.com

• 6 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I am trying to transition over to Zapier from Make.com, I prefer this interface and Make has some oddities around currency and rounding up.

That being said, one of the automations I have in Make is when a new item is raised, with an ID of an item on another board, I then go and retrieve all subitems from the original item and create them against the new item.

I then update fields as required such as dates and amounts. I am struggling to see how to do this in Zapier. I can retrieve all the subitems, but they appear as one big list of fields rather than individual packages. I’m guessing I am missing a big step to get each record one by one and create them?

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chris Newman 

Good question.

Try using the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

This can be used to handle an array of 1+ items.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks for the suggestion, it appears that Zapier doesn’t support line items for Monday.com so I think I will have to give up on the venture. Looper would be ideal if I could retrieve the line items but looking at other uses online and some guides, I need an actual ‘Line item’ function with Monday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chris Newman 

You said:

I can retrieve all the subitems, but they appear as one big list of fields rather than individual packages.

If so, then you can use the Looping app to iterate thru each line item: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Hi Troy, 

I don’t think you’re quite getting my issue, they are not ‘Line Items’  They appear as below. Each line is the retrieved information but no specific field names that I can loop on.

I can’t loop with this, every line name is different and not specific to the field name I want to loop on, I.E the account ID. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chris Newman

The screenshot doesn’t seem to show the mentioned “Account ID”, so please clarify.

For example, both of these fields show 2 values separated by a comma which indicates line items.