Best answer

Pulling More Metadata Fields From Dropbox Photos

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I’m working on a zap that would automatically upload photos from DropBox into Canto, our photo management software. I have the actual upload automation working, but I’m hoping to pull in more of the metadata information from the photo when it’s uploaded to Canto. 

The first image below is the metadata that shows up in Dropbox. None of these data fields show up when creating a new zap. Is it possible to pull this information? Hoping to grab the description and licensor URL. Second screenshot shows what fields are available.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 21:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @jrequilman, thanks so much for flagging this! 

I did some digging and at the moment the Dropbox app doesn’t support file metadata. 😔 That said, there is an open feature request for this that I went ahead and added you to. While I can’t offer an ETA on when or if this will get implemented, this allows us to continue to track and gauge interest.

We’ll shoot you an email if this changes as well as keep the topic updated. 🙂

I hope this helps and welcome to the Community! 🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks 👋

Just popping by to share a quick update on the feature request to have file metadata supported: after careful consideration, the team has decided not to proceed with that feature request for now. Sorry for any disappointment caused by this, we'll be sure to keep you posted if there are any changes in the status of that feature request!

Thanks for your patience on this and please do reach out in Community again if you have any other questions at all.