Question

Pulling data from one Google Sheet and updating column in different sheet

• 13 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!
I'm trying to set up a Zap that does the following:
When a new spreadsheet (sheet A) with a certain title is created in Drive, I want to read the data from one column in sheet A and match it against a column in a different worksheet (sheet B). Whenever there is a value matching, I want a counter in the cell adjacent to the matching one in sheet B to be incremented by 1.

So far I have the trigger: Event = "New Spreadsheet", then a Filter: check if new sheet title contains certain text.
But now I'm stuck on the next action, which should be something like: if values in column in sheet A match values in column B in sheet B, update/increment adjacant cell to matching cell in sheet B.

Is this in any way possible, even just a partial success of the above? Or am I asking too much of Zapier here?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Kay Welfare! 🙂

I think it should be possible to achieve that using a dynamic formula to update a cell based on whether the two column values matched. You can find out more about how to create dynamic formulas here:

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us posted on how you get on!

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB !
Thanks for the response. I will look into this and post my solution if I find one!