Question

Pull weekly conversion data from Drip into Google Sheets

• 27 December 2022
  • 1 reply

I want to automate the process of tracking conversions week-to-week using Zapier, but I’m not really sure how to pull it off. I really just want to be able to see the running trends of how many new free trials our saas app gets on a weekly basis, without having to bug my dev team to build it out for me.

The end result I’m looking for is the number of new free trials that start each week gets stored in a column in Google Sheets. I’d like to base this off of a custom event that is fired in Drip.

So I think the general idea is that every time the “New Free Trial Signup” event occurs in drip, I need to increment the number of free trials started in Google Sheets, but I also need to be able to tell Google Sheets when to create a new column at the end of the week and to start over from 0.

Or I suppose I could use Schedule by Zapier to just pull all of the conversion data from Drip once a week and cram it into a Google Sheets cell. But how do I get it to only count the number of times that event occurred within the trailing 7 days?

This doesn’t seem like a new problem to solve; is there already a solution out there that I’ve not come across?

I’d be incredibly grateful if anyone has some suggestions for me!

Chris

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @chrisgscott! Thanks for stopping by! I know a lot of folks work with Drip but unfortunately I am not one of them. 😣

@Troy Tessalone do you work with Drip at all and/or have some fancy footwork that could be used here? Thank you in advance!