Best answer

Publishing to Discord group from private Facebook group?

• 8 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to make posts on a specified channel in a Discord group from a specific user in a private Facebook group? I am an admin in both, and it looks like there may be a limitation from Facebook’s group app permissions.

Ideally, the trigger would be ‘when [user] posts’, and the action would be for Discord to post a message displaying at least the body of the post from Facebook. If [x user] posts on Facebook, new post to [x channel] displaying [message], [image], [date and time].

On the ‘Set up action’ section, under ‘Message text’, certain data fields are completely unavailable/empty. Suspecting this may be a permissions issue on Facebook’s end. Running a test, I was able to get the data for message, link, date, but nothing for name.

This looks to be an uncommon issue, so any advice will be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Paolo 10 October 2022, 08:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @cryptofire343, hope you’re doing well!

With regards to the Facebook Groups New Post Trigger, pulling the name field is currently logged as a feature request. I’ve added your email to the said feature request so we can notify you once this gets supported: 

If you’d like to keep tabs on this, you can follow this community post as well:

Hope that helps clarify things!