Question

Progress a Zap only if WhatsApp message does not contain italics

• 29 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I use WhatsApp to send out certificates to students. I generate the certificates using a Slides template and send the pdf download link. However, in WhatsApp, if you surround text with underscores, it automatically italicizes the text.

Ex: _testing_  >  testing

If there happens to be underscores in the auto-generated Google Slides link (I’d say this happens ~30% of the time), a portion of the link is italicized, the underscores are removed, and the link is useless.

I tried using monospacing and it did not work to solve this.

SO - I want to create a Zap connected to an interface that generates the certificate (this interface already exists), but alerts me if the link successfully sent without italics.

If it didn’t, then I would know to go into my messaging platform and fix it manually - OR regenerate the certificate in the interface to try again.

Right now I’m going into every contact to check if it sent correctly. The interface I built isn’t actually saving me much time because of this.

Any thoughts on how I could condition this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @graceungemach 

Good question.

For us to have more context, can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with screenshots of other apps involved?

To clarify, the WhatsApp Zap app integration is not yet supported.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Do you already have Zaps set up for this?

You could set up a Filter by Zapier step to only continue if the text doesn’t contain underscores