Question

Product list in my slack message

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to get a slack notification when a deal is close. 

Our opportunity has something called product and within product, there are items in a table like format. 

When a deal is closed, I want a slack notification that states that this deal is closed (I already got this part done) and here are the products that we sold. 

Attached is the opportunity page and the product list page that I want to export out in my slack message.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @angela 

This is certainly doable but somewhat difficult, you should get the associated product IDs from the Salesforce trigger, then you can take the product IDs through a Loop by Zapier, and do another search with the ID in SF, and return data in Slack. It’d be ideal to send the Slack products into the main slack deal thread.

Hey @robschmidt,

Can you send some screenshot for that logic? I am getting stuck

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @angela! Could you share where you’re up to and what you’re stuck on? It is a pretty complex set up, but I’m sure we can figure it out together!

I’d start by looking at the Looping help guide, because it’s a bit different to most of the other actions/features you’ll find in Zapier: Loop your Zap actions

From what I can see, Rob is suggesting that you set up a Zap a bit like this:

• Trigger
  • Post message in Slack saying that the deal is closed
  • Looping
    • Post item in slack thread

The Zap would then run through each item and add it as a message in a thread under the first Slack message. 

If you need some more guidance, could you share a screenshot of what the information looks like when it comes in from Salesforce and highlight the information that you need in the Slack message? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!