Best answer

Problems updating existing rows in Google Sheets with data from Pipefy

• 1 March 2021
  • 2 replies

My team and I are curious about trying to sort out a problem related to creating new rows on Sheets through Pipefy.

It happens that when the trigger “Move a card (Pipefy) → Create a new row (Sheets)” is set, Zapier creates new rows for every card moved. What I mean is that it doesn’t just fill the blank spaces with information, but rather creates new rows (wich means new content) all the time.

The problem itself shows whenever you try to set links and references between a new second sheet and contents within the sheet that data from Zapier are put, and this is causing me tremendous problems.

Would anyone know if (and how) it is possible to create reliable references to the sheets data from Zapier is put? More specifically, considering Zapier adds new rows, every reference would change to be one cell below what used to be, and this is the major (but not only) problem I am dealing with.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 1 March 2021, 19:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Pequeno Príncipe 

You are correct, the create row action will always create a new row. You could try replacing it with a find then an update row action if you need to just update rows that are already there. 

Otherwise, you can create dynamic formulas as referenced here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Pequeno Príncipe 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?