Question

Problem with missing field data

• 9 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi guys,

I'm new to using Zapier, and I'm trying to automate the following process:

A new task was added on TeamWork Projects (trigger)

A new ticket will then be created on Freshdesk (action)

My problem is in setting up the ticket creation, it asks for the email of the requester/user, a required field. However, TW does not have the data for it. Even if I added a custom field on the Task for the email, it doesn't show up on the info selections presented by TW.

It would pose no problem if only one person is assigned to add tasks on TeamWork. However, that is not the case as different team members can also add tasks on a project.

Is there a way on how to input the required email without actually typing it out on Zap editor?

Ticket Creation

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

I may have an idea of how you can accomplish this, but first I’m wondering about something. Does the person who creates the task in Teamwork Projects know the email address that would be used for the Email field in Freshdesk? If so, you could add it at the top of the description/content field (whatever works best on the Teamwork side) and then use a Formatter step with the Extract Email Address function. It’s a little clunky because it requires the person in Teamwork to always remember to do that. 

Might that be a solution to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @nsmorado!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know :)