Best answer

Post Slack threaded messages to the Linear comment section of a ticket

• 9 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I’ve been able to do the following:

1. create a new issue in Slack when a Linear ticket is created
  2. find the message in Slack
  3. See the first Slack threaded comment

Where i’m stuck: I can’t see any follow up threaded comment. I’d like Zapier to track a specified Slack thread and post those individual Slack posts as a new comment in the Linear ticket. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 10 February 2023, 01:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @jbronson! Thanks for reaching out - we definitely want to help!

Just to make sure I’m understanding, it sounds like you’d like to trigger off any new replies in the original thread, is that right? 

If so, in the interest of full transparency, there isn’t a trigger for threaded replies at the moment. 😔 You can check out this similar question here:

and I’m happy to add you to the feature request to be kept in the loop if that changes. We’ll also post there if and when that changes. 👆🏽

That said, I also found this other thread with a little workaround that might work for your use case:

Sorry to not have better news here but let us know if you think the above might work for ya!

@christina.d Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly what I wanted. I thought I was missing something since I can see the initial threaded reply in Zapier but after that nothing else appears. I might just post a link to the thread in the Linear comments go from there. Either way, I feel better knowing I wasn’t just missing it!