Skip to main content
Question

Possible to trigger zap on receipt of a tagged Outlook email (user+tag@domain.com)?

• 14 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Looking at past posts, it looks like the standard answer is “don’t use Outlook, Gmail has more trigger options,” but just in case...

I an on m365 and use +tags for some inbound emails so that I can easily filter/trigger automations. I was hoping to set up a zap to trigger when a tagged email is received. It looks like you can only trigger for an inbox … so instead of tags, I’d have to set up a shared mailbox for each use case, as an alternative to using +tags.

Is that the case? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sara

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @saralobko 👋

I’m not super familiar with Tags in Microsoft Outlook, are they the same as categories?

If so, you could potentially use the New Email Matching Search trigger for Microsoft Outlook and in the Search terms field specify the tag using “Category:categoryname” as it supports AQS (Advanced Query Search). You can find out more about AQS here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/88108edf-028e-4306-b87e-7400bbb40aa7

Do you think that approach could work or are tags and categories different in Outlook?