Question

Possible to make client JavaScript call to Zapier and get response

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I believe the title says it all but the specific use case is to determine while a person is entering the data to right a client side JavaScript call to Zapier to do a connector lookup for a specific record and if that record exists, fail or issue a response that the record exists.  What is the preferred pattern for getting back any data.  Or is better to handle this in the processing chain to when the data is submitted via Formstack as it’s connected to Zapier and issue some response that this was a duplicate record.  

Is it also possible to get back data, so for example if I wanted to create a Formstack page that asked for your preferred language,can I make a call to get questions via connector API and retrieve them in json and use the client side script to display the questions.    

I understand that Zapier seems to be more of a DAG and not meant for response as it is more for triggering things to happen but I’m wondering what is possible.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @funkyfreestyler 

Good question.

If you trigger a Zap from a Webhook, then Zapier returns an immediate 200 response that can’t be configured.

Perhaps considering using Airtable which has an API: https://support.airtable.com/docs/api