Question

Possible to attach a Google Sheets file to an email template?

• 3 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

My company and I are looking for a way to automate a manual task. Each week, we send clients a Google Sheet with their KPI’s from the week. However, the time consuming part comes from having to email each client individually and we don’t think a mail merge would suit as every client needs their own file.

Is anyone familiar with a trigger that would automatically attach a file to an email template once completed. I am not familiar with Zapier so any advice or pointers is much appreciated.

In an ideal world I would think it would work something like: Linking the client email address to their file - Triggering the file to be attached when filling out a certain cell on the sheet (Like a checklist for example?) - Then email sent to client address

Happy to hear any suggestions or reworks as we are still in the very early stages of automating this so would imagine the end product is totally different.

Many thanks

Lewis

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LewisTLGC 

Try this…

1. Trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Gmail - Send Email

NOTE: You’d have to setup a different GDrive Folder per Client.

NOTE: You’d need a separate Zap per GDrive Folder (aka Client).