Best answer

Populating Google Sheet from Drop Down menu in Gravity Forms

• 15 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all-

I’m populating a Google Sheet with responses from a Gravity Form. Everything is working well except for the few drop down menus I have- these answers are not populating on the sheet. Any insight into this?

Thanks!

Kate

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 January 2021, 20:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katecard Can you provide screenshots of what’s not populating corrected vs the expected results in GSheets?

Userlevel 1

Sure thing. The form only has a few drop-down menus. Everything else they enter in text, or radio button choice, or upload. All of these other fields are working great with the zap as populating as expected. You can see in the spreadsheet the most recent entry is blank in these fields. The entry you see above this one was before I switched to drop down and had these as text fields. It was working fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katecard Since you changed the field type on the form from text to dropdown, I suggest you try remapping those fields in the Zap step and testing again.

If you see a gray icon next to the dynamically mapped data point, then it means the data point no longer exists.

Let us know how that goes.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy- I did try that. Here’s what I’m seeing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katecard That looks to be mapped correctly.

Did you try turning the Zap ON and testing again by submitting a new real form?

Userlevel 1

Yep! Not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katecard Have you checked the Zap Task History? https://zapier.com/app/history/

Did the Zap trigger?

Did the Zap result in an error on a step?

Check the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy-

The Zap triggers- all the other fields are populated. I do not get an error notification. The data out seems to show the data is being received, but not showing up on the sheet. So weird, yes?

Should I start fresh with a new Google Sheet? 

Kate

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katecard In Zap Task History, for the DATA IN on the GSheet step does it show for those mapped fields?

If it show a value then it should be populating into the GSheet in the respective column, but if it shows double brackets, it means no value was provided OR a field is mapped that no longer exists.

Are you able to check that and provide a screenshot of the Zap Task History DATA IN GSheet step?

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy- that did it. I didn’t see the DATA IN in the history, and when I found it, there were the double brackets. Thanks so much for helping me.

Kate