Best answer

Podio - Zap trigger only if X field is updated

I have zaps configured but I am having trouble setting up the criteria. I have it set so when something gets updated in Podio, it’ll trigger the Zap to go to Monday.com

I make changes in Podio items frequently so I only want the Zap to occur when I update a specific field. Which and statement should I select so that it’s only looking for updates to a certain field, and not any update to any item in Podio?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 May 2022, 16:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pnrosenberg 

Good question.

That will depend on what field from Podio you are trying to filter on.

The way your 3 Filter conditions are set in the screenshot would only pass if all 3 conditions are met.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @pnrosenberg!

It’s tricky to set up a Zap so that it only fires if a specific field is updated. It can sometimes be done, depending on the app you’re using and how you’re updating the fields. 

How are you using Podio in this case? When you update the field in Podio, is it the first time that there’s anything in the field (ie it will be empty and then you update it to add something) or would you be changing it from one value to another? Could you share a bit more about the processes that you have and what you’re trying to do? That might help us to find you an answer :) 

Hi @Danvers and @Troy Tessalone, thanks for your replies.

I have a certain field in Podio that if that field gets updated then an action happens in Podio, but I don’t want this Zap to fire every time there’s a change in Podio.  Here’s the set up of the trigger in Zapier, so I’m unsure what criteria I’d set up in the Zap so that it’s only looking for one changed field in Podio.

In summary, I need another department to know that I’ve updated the item and I have a ‘send updates’ more or less field in Podio. I do add other metrics to items in Podio, so I don’t need a change sent every time.

Thanks for helping me work through this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pnrosenberg 

Perhaps try adding a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmm, this isn’t something that you can do on the Zapier end of things as it doesn’t keep a record of previous changes against which you could compare the new values. That said, your screenshot may provide an answer. It looks like you can set up Views in Podio - a set of records that meet specific criteria. If you can create a view that only contains records where that specific field has been updated in the last hour (or another timeframe depending on how often you change the field) you could set up the Zap so that it’s only triggered by records in that view, which should give you what you need.

I’m not super familiar with Podio so I don’t know if the views can be set up that way, but it looks like a good lead!