Best answer

Can I copy comments from one Podio app item to another?

• 26 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can copy the comments from an item in one Podio app to an item in another Podio app?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 July 2023, 16:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Koull86 Thanks for your question and I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

I’m not super familiar with Podio, but you should be able to do this, yes. You’d start with the trigger New item (and have that looking at one app) and then use the action Create item, and in the ‘Customize’ part of the action, you choose the app to which you want to add the item too. 

I hope that helps! 

Thanks for responding. I did try that, but I can’t find the Podio Comments as an item that can be copied using the list under Customize. There is an item called called ‘Comment Count’ but nothing that actually copies the content of the comments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your reply @Koull86 and I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. From your screenshot, it looks like the contents of comments aren’t included in the new item trigger, I’m sorry about that. I can also see that we have an open feature request for the ability to add comments to items, so it looks like it’s not possible to do that either 😔

I've added you as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends! 👋

Just I wanted to pop in here with a quick update to let you know that the team have decided not to pursue that feature request at this time. But if anything changes on the status of this feature request, we’ll be sure to let y’all know right away!

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime. 🙂