Best answer

Please help - Small Businesses Need Multiple Users but not Teams!

• 22 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Greetings Zapier.

I own a small business in Canada, and have other clients that might be interested in your product.  However, in my small business, I’m the tech-nerd - but don’t have the time to dedicate to creating zaps.  As such, I have brought in a new hire who will be implementing automation.

Here is my problem:

As the owner, I need to be able to have control over my account.

• I need to have multiple users like Team 
  • I need to have control over the users like Company
  • I need to have App restrictions
  • I need to have single sign on

However we don’t need anywhere close to 50K tasks nor 100K tasks per month.

To pay $10,782 USD per year on a month to month or $7,188 USD all at once, just to have a Company account would kill my small business. 

Based on your price points, the following is 100K tasks per month:

• Professional: $489/month
  • Team: $499/month
  • Company: $599/month

The price point differential from Professional to Team is $10/m and Professional to Company is $110 per month ($165/m if paying monthly) based on 100k tasks. 

So why not charge this additional overhead as a separate fee for those that need the features, but not that many tasks and allow a Small Business Account with limited users option of Company and call it Small Business?

Suggestion 1:  Small Business Team 

• 2,000 tasks per month per user
  • $109/month for two users (4,000 tasks) + $49/month per additional user
  • $256/month = 5 users, Team capabilities, only 10,000 tasks/m
  • So on user #6, the small business would upgrade to Team w/50,000 tasks/m

Suggestion 2: Small Business Company (what I need)

• 2,000 tasks per month per user
  • $209/month for two users (4,000 tasks) + $49/month per additional user
  • $356/month = 5 users, Company capabilities but only 10,000 tasks/m
  • So on user #10, the small business would upgrade to Company w/100,000 tasks/m

The results are that you get your extra overhead per month fee on the front-end, and once they hit 10 users, they would be paying the same as the Company fee of $600/m but only have 20,000 tasks/m.

This gives an entry point to small business, while maintaining your overhead differential between the plans.

Suggestions (needed yesterday):

“Zapier Small Business” - all the features of Company except the following changes:

• Start at $209/m for two users (4,000 tasks)
  • Extra $49/m (2,000 tasks) per additional user
  • Perhaps to adjust the price point, you could have “limited support” instead of Premier support

For me, this would give us 4K tasks/month on a month to month at $209 USD

This gives Zapier the same $110 overhead differential between Professional & Company as well as the $49/user fee from Professional. 

This could be a win-win and introduced more small businesses to your platform.

icon

Best answer by duncan.h 24 August 2022, 17:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CGLtax 

Thanks for sharing.

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hi @CGLtax 

Thanks for sharing.

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I want this in a public forum so you can do market research on need.  Zapier Support would be a private conversation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CGLtax 

Often topics get closed after a period of time, thus closing additional public comments.

Zapier doesn’t currently have a public suggestion box for upvoting.

For now, it’s best to submit via a ticket to Zapier Support.

@CGLtax

Thanks for this terrific post! This is the kind of feedback we at Zapier love, and personally it’s a pleasure to see a suggestion this thorough and well thought through.

I’m the Head of Pricing and Packaging here at Zapier, and while I can’t promise we’re going to implement this, I can say this input absolutely with the right folks and we’ll put this into our consideration set.

Thanks again!  

Userlevel 1

@CGLtax

Thanks for this terrific post! This is the kind of feedback we at Zapier love, and personally it’s a pleasure to see a suggestion this thorough and well thought through.

I’m the Head of Pricing and Packaging here at Zapier, and while I can’t promise we’re going to implement this, I can say this input absolutely with the right folks and we’ll put this into our consideration set.

Thanks again!  

Thanks for your response Duncan. We really want to use your product - but can’t in its current form.

Also - if you happen to be in a meeting with your server team - if you can make sure that Canadian users are able to have an option to provision Canadian servers only and not have their zaps processed outside of Canada, it will allow them to meet the PIPEDA and PIPA (Alberta) privacy requirements our Government has imposed on us in business that have access to sensitive data.

Userlevel 1

The option to add seats would be very useful. I often come in as a Dev to lots of small businesses temporarily and it would be great for them to be able to add a second seat for a month that can just be paused and restarted from time to time, then you guys make your money as they increase the tasks on Zapier.