Best answer

Pipedrive Update the person

• 31 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Community,

I need to create person in Pipedrive (if there is no person with exact LinkedIn URL) or update some fields of person (for example, email) if person is exist (there is exact LinkedIn URL).

I use “Find or Create Person in Pipedrive” and if there is no person, Zapier creates the record.

After that I add “Update Person in Pipedrive” and whatever I do = Person not found 

Can somebody help me? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 August 2020, 02:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

After that I add “Update Person in Pipedrive” and whatever I do = Person not found 

Hi there! To further help, would you be able to supply a screenshot of the error you are getting, and if possible, the zap configuration for the “Update Person in Pipedrive” step?

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In the Step Pipedrive Update Person, you have to use the ID of the Pipedrive Person that was Found or Created in the previous Step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you both! Thanks to Troy’s advice - it is working now!

Userlevel 2

I have read all of this thread, but I am still unable to update a person in Pipedrive via a Zap. Here is a loom that I recorded. Your help would be greatly appreciated! https://www.loom.com/share/0ab90d8bb2c94f81bb3a3f406bbbe2d7

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In the action step to Update the Person in Pipedrive, for the Person field you need to pipe thru the ID of the Person found in the previous step.

Userlevel 2

Hi Troy, I read that suggestion of yours from 1 month ago. I either (a) understand it, and it doesn’t solve the issue or (b) I do not properly understand what you mean. If it is (b), would it be possible for you to explain a little more what exactly you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Troy, I read that suggestion of yours from 1 month ago. I either (a) understand it, and it doesn’t solve the issue or (b) I do not properly understand what you mean. If it is (b), would it be possible for you to explain a little more what exactly you mean?

@andy@artofworkflow.com, Troy is correct. This is a fundamental component of how Zapier works. You are taking the “Person” field which wants the ID of the person from the prior step, and you’re arbitrarily passing over “First Name [SPACE] Last Name”. An API doesn’t work that way.

The API is expecting to see Person ID (string of numbers from the prior step) in that field, not the name of the person.

All the best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Instead of piping thru the First Name and Last Name as seen in your Loom, pipe thru the Person ID from the previous step.

Article: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-zaps

Userlevel 2

ahhh - gotchya! Thank you @Troy Tessalone and @alex for your patience and assistance!