Best answer

Pipedrive Update a person Found in Zapier?

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all, I’m v-e-r-y new to Zapier
I need to update a person in Pipedrive

I’ve set up a Zap that finds or creates the person (Step 2)
...but I can’t see how to pass that to the Update Person step (Step 3)

I’ve tried putting [2. Zap Data was Found] in the Person field in Step 3 but it fails

I know there’s a way to do it but I can’t find it

Anyone help please?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 30 August 2022, 21:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @PeterOsborn Welcome to Zapier! Okay, let’s see if we can get this all sorted out for you! In step 3, when updating the person, you should be able to use the “custom” option instead of choosing a person from the drop-down. The field that you will then need to enter is the person’s ID from step 2. 

Can you tell us if that is how you have things set up? And if so, re you receiving a particular error message? Are you sure you’re using the correct ID field (sometimes there are a few different IDs returned)?

Let us know - we want to make sure you’re able to get this set up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @PeterOsborn! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

It looks like you were able to chat with my friends in support to get this sorted:

I took a quick peek at your Zap and found that the test for the Find Person action step showed being skipped.

[After testing] this step...You should now be able to map information from this action step to your next action step!

So glad to hear this did the trick for you! 🎉

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much all!!
Zaps are rolling along just fine this morning

Much appreciate the help - made all the difference

BR