Question

Pipedrive to Excel table

• 12 March 2021
  • 6 replies

While I have worked out how to use the Format/Utilities option to take fields from Pipedrive and convert the data into columns, and I have worked out how to create an Excel spreadsheet using the Pipedrive ID and title, what I cannot work out is how to add the data from Utilities to the spreadsheet.

Here’s what I got from the Utilities:

I also tried the Line Item to Text feature based on another article I found stating this is required:

My spreadsheet is created:

However when I get to the Add Row (or Update Row) options, while it lets me identify what spreadsheet and worksheet to update, it doesn’t give me an option to identify what row to add data to, or what data to add in each column. I only get this if i choose Row 2 (non-header row):

Any help is appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chris.potter 

Try adding a Find Row step then an Update Row step, where you can map the Row ID from the Find Row step to the Row field in the Update Row step using the ‘Custom’ mapping option.

TIP: You may need to use the Looping action if you are trying to handle an array of data (aka multiple records).

Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the quick feedback. I have added in the Find or Create Row function, and then the Update Row function, but there is no option to input what exactly I wanted updated so I’m not sure what the Zap is doing to the row?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chris.potter

Errors when using custom values for Spreadsheet or Worksheet ID

When wanting to dynamically update either Add Row or Update Row action steps to create/update rows on different sheets or worksheets based on information from a previous step, it's currently not possible to do.

By selecting a custom value for a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet or Worksheet this will result in an error code, where the spreadsheet cannot be found.

The only way to update Microsoft Excel data is to select the spreadsheet or worksheet from the dropdown in your Zap.
This is currently an existing feature request, should you want to be notified if we are able to bring this feature to Zapier contact our Support team!

Thanks @Troy Tessalone . I was hoping to use this direction of creating an excel table to then input the table into an email through the Zap, since the layout of the Email doesn’t allow for table format (unless there is coding I need to get it in HTML format)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chris.potter

You’d likely need to go the HTML route to include data formatted as a table in an email.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @chris.potter!

Were you able to get this working? Though we wouldn’t be able to assist with html formatting in your email, I see you reached out to wonderful Zapier Support for help with this workflow 👍

I’ll share that suggested solution here - let us know if either ended up working for you!

Google Sheets Version

1. Pipedrive: Updated Deal Stage 
  2. Formatter by Zapier: Utilities > Line Itemized 
  3. Google Sheets: Create Spreadsheet Row(s) (will create a row for each item with your line itemized data from step 2. During testing, only one row will be created, but when it runs live, a row for each product should be created as expected! )

Excel Version

1. Pipedrive: Updated Deal Stage 
  2. Formatter by Zapier: Utilities > Line Itemized 
  3. Looping by Zapier: Create Loop from Line Items (since the Excel step below is designed to only create one row, this looping step tells your Zap "hey, run this final Excel step once for each of my line items" if set up properly: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help)
  4. Excel: Add Row (will create a row for each item with your line itemized data from step 2. During testing, only one row will be created, but when it runs live, a row for each product should be created as expected!)