Question

Pipedrive to Drip: first and last names

• 3 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to create a zap that creates a new person in Drip (action) when a new contact is created in Pipedrive (trigger).

The contact in Pipedrive is set up with separate fields for first and last name, but when selecting the data to transfer across to Drip, only the full name is available from the “Insert data” dropdown list of Pipedrive fields.

If I can't transfer first and last name as separate fields from Pipedrive, then I can't properly personalise the auto-emails sent from Drip with a decent greeting (eg. Hi James)!.

This seems like such an obvious piece of data to pull from one CRM system to another that I feel like I must be doing it wrong some how! I'm a new zapier user.

The zap works and creates the person in Drip, but their name fields aren't filled which is a problem for the automation.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SkyeWealth 

Try using a Formatter > Text > Split action to get the First/Last Name from Full Name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @SkyeWealth!

Were you able to grab the first name from Pipedrive using Formatter by Zapier? We’d love to know if you were able to use the Formatter to solve this or if not, please let us know and we’d be happy to help!