Best answer

Pipedrive multiple option field

• 20 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to setup a zap between ticket tailor and pipedrive that will update a multiple option field on a persons record in our CRM when they have purchased a ticket to our annual conference.

The multiple option field has values defined for each year, so the field is used to record which years people have attended our conference in the past, example below.

When trying to add information to this field from zapier, we are only able to add one option, and when running the zap it overwrites any values already in the field. Given this is a multiple option field, is there a way for the information not to be overwritten and a value be added to the existing?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 20 February 2023, 18:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Worthstone, welcome to the Community!

The good news is that, from what I can tell, this is possible. It is going to be fiddly though, sorry about that. 

The way to add multiple options to a multi-select field in Pipedrive actions is to use the option ID, with commas between each option. Looking at your screenshot, if you wanted to add 2017, 2019 and 2020 to the IIAA attendee field, you would need to select ‘Custom’ and add 87,16,15 to the field. 

This means you need a step that converts the year into the relevant ID option. To do that, I recommend using Formatter by Zapier to create a Lookup table. You can learn more about how to do that in this guide: Create Lookup tables in Zaps

The tricky part is that the Lookup table can only work with one item at a time unless you are working with line items. What you would need to do is convert your list of years into line items, run the lookup step and then convert them from line-item to text. That will give you a comma-separated list of IDs that you can put in the IIA attendee field. 

That’s a lot of information, so let me lay it out in Zap steps for you:

1. Ticket tailor Trigger
  2. Formatter by Zapier > Utilities > Convert text to line item  - Add the years from the trigger, which will need to be separated by commas
  3. Formatter by Zapier > Utilities > Lookup table - Add the years on the left side of the table and the option ID for the year on the right side of the table. The output of this step will be line items of the relevant IDs
  4. Formatter by Zapier > Utilities > Convert line-item to text - Use the output of the lookup table step as the input for this step and it will output a comma-separated list of choice IDs
  5. Pipedrive - Use the output of the last formatter step as a custom value in the IIA attendee field

If you want to give this a go, test the Pipedrive step by typing in a test custom value in the IIA attendee field to check it works. ie type 87, 16, 15,  test the step, then check to see if the correct information has been passed to Pipedrive. 

If you need some more information about the line item steps, check out the following help guides:

Create line items in Zaps

Convert line items into strings

I hope that’s all clear, let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you!

After playing around with it, the formatter step was not needed. The current values from the ‘find person’ step are comma separated IDs, so add the existing years with the ID for the year 2023 in ‘update person’ step.