Question

Pinterest Title

Userlevel 1

I am trying to post from google sheets to Pinterest. Typically a pin has Title, Description, Image and URL. The integration only has description, image and URL? How do I pass on the title?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MSadeghi - Thanks for writing to us. Are you able to get some sample data in the Editor to see what the title field would yield? Once you know which title you wish to pass on, you’d need to map that into the Pinterest Zap to configure the pin. Would you be as so kind to share with us a screenshot of what your Zap looks like so we can better assist? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @steph.n 

Yes, @MSadeghi is right. There’s no field on Zapier to complete the pin’s title. Neither on step by step creation of a zap.

Please, check this. The Title of the pin in Pinterest is very important to look up on user’s searchers.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Userlevel 1

So I found more info on this. Titles are new to “Rich Pins”. Pinterest’s current APIs do not support rich pins, so you can not pass title through the APIs. This isn’t a Zapier thing, no tool using the APIs can currently do this. 

What you need to do is submit your domain for rich pins through Pinterest’s rich pin validator. Once you do this pinterest automatically reads in Title and any other OG tags from your site and “richify” your pins, including titles. It is working for me, though I had to submit my domain 3-4 times before titles started showing up

https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/url-debugger/

Userlevel 1

I’ll do it.

Thanks, @MSadeghi 

Userlevel 1

Titles are not new to Pinterest, nor are they only on Rich Pins. I have been using titles for around 2 years on normal pins. The problem with the Zapier App is that Pinterest now REQUIRE TITLES. From the transcript of the Pinterest webinar the other day, "We recommend publishing new ideas with new images, titles, and descriptions".

Pins without titles now rarely appear in search results, and impressions are low to non-existent. This pretty much makes the Zapier app null and void until they add titles. Using it without titles is likely to hurt your accounts rating, and will certainly reduce the SEO value.

I only signed up the other day for $60 a month, looks like I need to cancel unless titles are added.

Zapier: Please upgrade this app with the Title as soon as possible. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello everyone, thanks for the clarification on this. If you would like to be place an upvote on your behalf for this feature, please LIKE this message. I will add all likes to this message ASAP to ensure your feedback is heard. There’s no ETA for now but we’ll notify you as soon as there’s an update to share. Thanks everyone!

Userlevel 1

Thank you Steph :)

@msadeghi

Hi, thanks for this useful message !

Just one thing : what do you mean by “your domain” ?

I have the same problem with Zapier integration from Google Drive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LukasW!

What @MSadeghi meant by “your domain” is what Pinterest explains here:

This would be your website, or I guess technically it could be someone else’s website, maybe?

HI @steph.n  will “title” field for pinterest be added soon?
Or is there a way around?

the remarks by @win2win make sense.

thx.

Userlevel 1

@emohdeco Pinterest have made a change to the way it works, or at least they have in certain areas/countries. As usual with Pinterest I have no idea if this has been rolled out worldwide, or even on a state by state basis in the US.

In order to protect against spam, Pinterest now goes to your site and pulls the title from the URL you supply. No need for the Title on Zapier at the moment. How long that lasts is another question, as Pinterest change things on a regular basis.