Question

PDF from DocuSign to Google Drive is a txt not the PDF

• 29 October 2021
  • 12 replies

I have created a Zap to upload completed DocuSign documents to the Google Drive.  It works, except it uploads only the name of the file in a TXT file.  What am I doing wrong, I need it to upload the PDF from DocuSign, nothing else.

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AndreaW 

Check this help article for using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hello @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for this information, unfortunately it does not help the problem.  I am using the Zapier template for DocuSign to Google Drive and the Upload file portion.   On the file portion of the upload, it lists all the fields in my DocuSign doc, but not the full file to upload.  Why and how do I correct that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndreaW 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

@Troy Tessalone Let me know if you need to see anything else.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndreaW 

This field expects a file URL or a file object.

Try searching for “file”.
There may be an option for “file (exists but not shown)”

@Troy Tessalone  when I search for file it only shows a download link.  Does that mean I did something wrong in my Docusign trigger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndreaW 

Use this

@Troy Tessalone that worked beautifully.  Thanks

Is there a way to add one of the DocuSign fields to the file name that is downloaded and keep the full pdf format of the file so it’s more easily identifiable?

I tried adding these under file name, but then it goes back to uploaded the text file with none of the docusign info.   Even when I make the file extension PDF.

Is there a way to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndreaW 

You should be able to use the 2 fields:

File Name

File Extension

Can you posts screenshots with how you have those 2 fields configured?

I tried to put PDF in the file extension field and I tried the above and both produced Txt files

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndreaW 

Issue with the File field: remove the static “file value”

For File Extension try this value: pdf