Best answer

Paypal to Mailchimp - A Zap for each product/paypal button

• 22 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have different Paypal buttons (one for each product I sell) and I´m trying to set the Paypal > Mailchimp zap, so I can send, for example, “buyer of product 1” to Mailchimp with “product 1” tag, “buyer of product 2” with “product 2” tag, and so on.

I read here I should use the FILTER feature to identify each Paypal button and send to Mailchimp with it´s appropriate tag, so I may build one zap for each Paypal button.

I´m trying to use the Paypal button´s ID as identifier but I can´t seem to figure out which data I should link to button´s ID number. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 October 2020, 18:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is there another identifying data point coming thru in the PayPal metadata to indicate the button or product?

The idea is that you want to create a mapping/lookup table for the PayPal button IDs to Mailchimp Tags.

You may have to test each button individually, then pull thru the data via the Zap to determine the PayPal button ID.

Is there another identifying data point coming thru in the PayPal metadata to indicate the button or product?

Trying with “product name” shown at “purchase done” screen. Let´s see.