Question

Parse RSS Podcast to show list of episodes in my website.

• 15 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello all!

I want to create a Zap where I get a RSS of a podcast from my users, then I parse the feed to fetch the info of every episode and finally, show all this info in my website.

I have basically 2 questions:

1. How can I parse the info of the RSS? Currently I have tested the “Parser by Zapier” block, however I do not get all the info in the results, as you can see here (I miss title, author, image, etc.):
  1. Once the question above is solved, how can I make this happen for all the episodes of the blog. I guess I have to use something like loop block, right? But I am not sure how to exactly do that.

Thanks for your time and help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @rafa_flama! 👋

1. How can I parse the info of the RSS? Currently I have tested the “Parser by Zapier” block, however I do not get all the info in the results, as you can see here (I miss title, author, image, etc.):

As you’re looking to run the Zap for every new item that’s added to the RSS feed, I think it might be better to change the trigger. So rather than using the New Database Entry (Ycode) trigger, you’d switch the trigger to be New Item in Feed (RSS by Zapier) trigger instead. That should trigger the Zap whenever a new RSS feed item is added and retrieve all the necessary information for it. And you could remove the Parse Webpage (Parser by Zapier) action as it wouldn’t be needed.

1. Once the question above is solved, how can I make this happen for all the episodes of the blog. I guess I have to use something like loop block, right? But I am not sure how to exactly do that.

If the reason for having the Ycode trigger originally was that there were multiple different feeds that you were wanting to pull new posts from you might be better off using the New Items in Multiple Feeds (RSS by Zapier) trigger as you can give it multiple feeds to look at. As the Zap would trigger for each RSS feed item (blog episode) individually I don’t think you’d need to use Looping by Zapier within the Zap.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If I’ve misunderstood your needs here or you run into any further trouble on this do let me know. 🙂

Hello Sam!

thanks for your answer, however I think I did not explain myself properly, let me give you a bit more context: I plan to create a saas where the user can log in, introduce RSS feed, get all the episodes and then chose one, download the audio, and treat the content with AI.

For that, I need that every time I get this records from YCode, which is actually a new RSS everytime, I have to parse the data in order to show all the episodes in one page, so the user can pick among all episodes. 

Does this make sense? I have done this with make, however, I wanted to change to Zapier, but I am not finding the way to do it.

thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for the additional context here @rafa_flama

Ok, in that case then perhaps you should try using a Code by Zapier action to extract the XML content from the feed URL and parse it?

I don’t know the exact code you’d need to use for that but we have a Code with AI feature that can help you to generate the necessary code. You can find out more about how to use that feature here: Generate a Code step using AI (Beta).

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with that, happy to help further!