Best answer

Parse a list provided by an integration used in an action

• 27 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I am trying to build a bot that updates my Notion page for the video games that I play once the time played is updated on Steam. In order to do this I need to parse through the list of games in my notion database to find the string that matches the name of the game from the Steam integration. How would I do this?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 5 October 2022, 01:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bulbapoor 

Good question.

Would one of these Notion actions work?

Userlevel 1

When I use both of those commands I get an error saying:

Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found from the search.

I'm passing through the data from Steam from the name on both and on the 'find Database item' action I am specifying the database the page is located in.

Userlevel 1

Also, it only loads 3 playtimes from my account and says there's no more in my account to search from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Bulbapoor,

Thanks for the additional information!

Based on the error you shared, I suggest contacting our Support Team as they can take a look at this specific Zap and see what data is (or isn’t) coming through and troubleshoot from there. 

I suspect it is something with the ID mapping but they’ll be able to say for certain!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Bulbapoor,

Thanks for the additional information!

Based on the error you shared, I suggest contacting our Support Team as they can take a look at this specific Zap and see what data is (or isn’t) coming through and troubleshoot from there. 

I suspect it is something with the ID mapping but they’ll be able to say for certain!

Just reached out! Thanks for the suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, squad! I wanted to pop in and share some of the insights support discovered for us. Essentially triggering off a “New Game” in Steam isn’t supported at the moment. 😔 However:

...looking at our records, I can see we have an open feature request for the functionality you’re after. I am going to let my team know that you were interested in this, too, and in the future should we be able to add this to our app, we will be happy to send you an email.

We’ll also be sure to keep the topic updated as well!

Sorry to not have better news here but thanks for raising this in community, @Bulbapoor! 🤗