Best answer

Overwrite email in Salesforce with blank/null value?

• 10 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I’d like to delete an email address from a contact record in Salesforce if I get an undeliverable. 

Is there a way to force a null value into the email field to effectively delete it (on “Update a Record” action on Salesforce)? 

If I use double quotes, “Null”, etc I get an error… if I leave the field blank, it doesn’t overwrite it (probably a good thing!). 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2020, 18:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 2

UPDATE - FYI - Heard back from support and apparently there is no way to overwrite a field in Salesforce with a blank value (i.e. delete the value). They mentioned that it is a feature that has come up from others so they are going to create a case recommendation from it. 

If anyone has come up with any other creative work arounds, please let me know! 

-Jason

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jason at DG Funding!

Glad you heard back from Support. That’s the same response I would have given. I, personally, have not come across a workaround for this. If somebody out there has one, though, I’d love to hear it as well.