Question

Outlook/Google Calendar events as updates to monday.com contacts

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I’m building a CRM in Monday.com for our nonprofit to track our relationship with clients and partner organizations. I’m trying to find the least burdensome way for staff to update the CRM, and I think i could make an integration between google calendar and monday.com so that each meeting on the calendar in google creates an update to that contact in monday.com.

How would I get started with this? Would each staff member need to create their own zap for this to work? Hopefully not.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alliezap 

Try a Zap like this:

1. Trigger: GCal - New Event (Matching Search)
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Monday - Create Update (NOTE: Updates are comments on an Item)

@Troy Tessalone  Thank you for your response. I’m working on this. A few questions:

1. Trigger: GCal - New Event (Matching Search)
    1. this requires me to enter a search term so that it knows which events to pull. But I want all events that have a matching email, so i don’t know what search term to enter. so i’ve tried to just use “new event” 
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
    1. this is how i set the second step up. but when i test it it says “no item found”. i want it to find every item where the email matches an attendee of the meeting

3. Action: Monday - Create Update (NOTE: Updates are comments on an Item)
    1. to finish this step i have to fix step 2 first
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alliezap 

Step 2: this is how i set the second step up. but when i test it it says “no item found”. i want it to find every item where the email matches an attendee of the meeting

If there are multiple attendees on the sample GCal event record you are testing with, then that may be way the Monday Find Item step was not returning results.

You’ll have to use Looping If you’re trying to find a Monday Item per GCal Event Attendee.

Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Try adding a Looping app as Step 2 in the Zap.