Question

Order Confirmation Code - Verification, then continue

• 18 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, I’m trying to complete a workflow, and I’m not sure if this is possible with the help of Zapier.

I’m trying to create a “confirm order code” to continue. There needs to be a few steps;

• Customer scans QR code that they receive either on a physical voucher or email
  • Opens up an “Onboarding Form” on Jotform URL within the QR code
  • I need to look up the order code on a “Database of Sales” (Google Sheets), if the code matches, continue
  • If it doesn’t match, error code shows
  • I then need the form to look up the completed entries of the “Onboarding Form” (Google Sheets) to check that the code hasn’t been claimed already
  • If it can’t find the code, continue, if it does, error code shows
  • If the code matches and the code hasn’t been claimed, I’d then like the “Onboarding Form” to be pre-filled using the entry from the “Database of Sales” which I know how to do with shortening of the URL with Zapier

Is this possible? Open to suggestion of other apps if there is something I’m missing!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Story Locker , 

Since a QR code is just a link, you will have to make several Forms on Jotforms, which is not doable automatically. 

Maybe if you explain your workflow a bit more we can help you better. What are the separate QR codes for ? 

Hi Moh,

Sorry I should have been clearer, there will only be 1 QR code, but it can be scanned in different places. 

Customer Checks Out on Website > Inputs some data (Full Name, Address, Email, Phone, Email Voucher or Physical Voucher) > Information from Woo-commerce fills in Google Sheets with Order Number into “Database of Sales” > Customer forwards email OR gives physical voucher to giftee which contains QR code (both the same codes) > QR code opens URL which could be the “Onboarding Form”…. and this is where I get stuck.

The next step should be giftee fills in the “Onboarding Form”  with more information, but what I need to happen is for the Order Number that was sent from Woocommerce to be checked before allowing the form to be filled in.

If the code matches and the code hasn’t been claimed, I’d then like the “Onboarding Form” to be pre-filled using the entry from the “Database of Sales” which I know how to do with shortening of the URL with Zapier

I hope that’s cleared things up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh ya that is much clearer :) 

What I would do is use Airtable (or Google Sheets if you prefer that) and collect the data in the same record for this customer using a prefilled form. 

So for example, lets say we are using Airtable, we will still allow the giftee to fill the form, BUT if they already have, we will see that in the first form they submitted (which was prefilled with a fail safe for example) and we will send them an email that this form has already been submitted. Otherwise, we will send them an Error email. 

Interested to see if someone else comes up with something different :) 

But how would we send them the pre-filled form? The idea is that the purchaser will either forward an email or give them the voucher physically to the giftee. But that QR code would be generic, so we can mass print voucher codes with 1 QR code.

If the QR code linked to the pre-filled form, then this would work , but how would it work if the QR code went to a generic form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah ok so the QR code is generic. But how do you link the form that they fill to this particular purchase? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Story Locker! What an interesting use case you have here!

Full transparency though, given the intricacy, I’d really recommend looking into hiring a Zapier Expert. They can help consult and even build this out for you! Our Experts really are top notch as you may have noticed - @MohSwellam is even one!

Thanks again for raising this in community! 🙂