Question

OneNote - notebooks missing

• 20 November 2021
  • 2 replies

A couple of weeks ago, I got a message to refresh my OneNote app connection in Zapier.  Did so.  Seemed to succeed.  But immediately a Zap began failing.  This Zap has been working for literally years (since 2017).

It is a Zap to take a recently-completed task from Toodledo (that part works fine) and append it to a page in OneNote.

As I worked through editing the Zap, I found I could not see all my OneNote notebooks in the select box.  Some, but not all.  In particular, I coud not see the OneNote notebook I have been writing to via this Zap for 4 years.  I do reload, search…  The Notebook I want is just not found by Zapier.

I am logged in to my Microsoft 365 account while doing this, of course, and in any case Zapier reports that the app connection to OneNote is fine.  But within Zapier I am just not seeing several of my notebooks, among them the one I want to resume writing to.

Any help gratefully received.  TIA.

Iain

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @IainM 

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for help: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @IainM, just wanted to follow up on this thread! I see you reached out to our support team about this issue who said:

Sharing the notebook with yourself could very well be the culprit here, as we have seen that sharing notebooks or folders can cause this kind of issue. When you're able to test this with a new private notebook, that should tell us more! 

Have you been able to test this out with a private notebook? We have an open feature request to “support notebooks from shared/team folders” but we first wanted to make sure that was actually the limitation you were running into here. 

The next best step is to follow-up on your support ticket to let our team know so they can say with confidence what the issue is here. :slight_smile: