Best answer

On New email, read the CSV attachment, and process it to SQL line by line

• 20 July 2023
  • 4 replies

So, I am using outlook 365, (ideally anyway) it could be done with a new email address somewhere i guess, but given our company use 365 it would be nice.

I want to receive emails that will be sent by a third party, they will be in csv format.

i need to process these to SQL

I have managed to connect the 365 account and our sql server and have managed to get basic test manual data inserted from emails, but i dont know how to get access to the attached csv and process it 

any advice? thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 July 2023, 18:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @beggit 

Good question.

Outlook returns ZIP files by default.

If you use Gmail instead you can use this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Attachment

Or you can upload the ZIP file to an Automated Dropbox Folder and configure it to unzip files to be used by a different Zap.

unfortunatly the Gmail - New Attachment doesnt come up for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@beggit 

It’s a Gmail Zap trigger.

thanks again.

unfortunatly i think im going to look at an alternative for now.

got it mainly working and then...

Gmail has some additional requirementsYour Gmail data can only be sent to approved apps.Unfortunately, the app you are using is no longer supported.You'll need to edit your Zap to turn it back on.

im only using gmail, zapiers ‘utilities formatter’ and sql server. it seems like gmail → utilities formatter is the problem