Best answer

Office 365 Email Not Filtering

• 17 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to trigger an SMS from a specific sender to my Office 365 email.  Office 365 email trigger only allows you to set up your whole email inbox.  I have that set up.  Then I put in a filter to filter only new emails from a specific email sender.  Then I have the action of Zapier SMS to send the text.

Problem is the filter is not working...the zap triggers on all new emails.

The filter is set up like this:

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 November 2022, 17:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Scott3294 

Good question.

You’ll need to add a static value on the right side.

Otherwise the condition will always compare to itself and thus always be true, which will always pass the filter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the help.  Not sure I follow...isn’t the filter asking, “Only continue if the email field Address Name exactly matches the Address Name Number Barn”?

Thanks

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Scott3294 

You’ll need to add a static value on the right side.

If you have a dynamic variable mapped on the left side AND right side then that value will change each time the Zap is run, and always compare to itself, which will always be true, thus always passing the filter.

If you have a static value on the right side (since you can’t have a static value on the left side), then only the left side value will dynamically change each time the Zap is run, and have a static value to compare against.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok, so in this case, if I want it only to trigger on the address name Number Barn, I would just type in Number Barn on the right side rather than using the same field that I used on the left side?

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Scott3294

Correct.

When in doubt, test it out!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

10-4!  I’ll make that change and see how it goes!

Thanks

Scott

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Troy,

Yep, that worked!!  Thanks for the help!!

Scott