Best answer

Notion - Trigger event update database

• 23 December 2021
  • 93 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello,

I would like to create a zap from an Trigger event update of the Notion database but this does not exist for the Beta version.
Is it planned to have this functionality and if so when?
The latter is really important to all of your users.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 June 2023, 00:59

View original

93 replies

I’d love to be added to the list as well!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @anycreeknick 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hello.

This feature will be very useful.

Can you add me to the list?

Hello! I’d love to be added to the list too, please🙏

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @tedjober and @ks-lovtsova 

I’ve added both of your votes for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hi @jammer.solijon , could you add me to the list as well? Thanks

And me too, please.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Sathors, @Tinkin Transversal 

I’ve added both of your votes for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hello @jammer.solijon I would like my vote added to the feature request as well. Can you please link the feature request so we can keep up with it?

As others previously noted, there was the option to do this for a short time. It would be amazing to automate this, tons of really neat things we could do with it….

Would like to be added to the list as well… DESPERATELY need this

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @davislatham @patrickgreene 

Userlevel 1

vote+1

This feature is essential for Notion addicted user.

please let me know when this feature is available.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @shopping_jaws 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

@jammer.solijon I asked also to be linked to the feature request

Please link me to this feature request. This is an essential part of the Notion <> Zapier integration.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @annief 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks. And @davislatham, I already added your vote for this request too. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @jammer.solijon ,

It has been a year now and the feature still not make it to top priorities..? 

How many votes are needed to finally get the thing to the developers? I just found out this feature is not available and actually cannot believe it. For 49$ monthly, this is a little irritating. 

Please add my vote and let me know how many more are needed. Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Natalia 

I apologize, as much as we wanted to give you any information about the feature request. Mostly the information will be coming over to our backend. Rest assured that as soon as this feature request is available. We will notify you via email. I’ve added your vote for this one. Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Natalia 

I apologize, as much as we wanted to give you any information about the feature request. Mostly the information will be coming over to our backend. Rest assured that as soon as this feature request is available. We will notify you via email. I’ve added your vote for this one. Thank you.

Zapier announced a heap of "new features" today, but can't provide any additional information or a simple update regarding this highly requested trigger on an existing integration to an existing Notion API endpoint? To cap it all off, a trigger that was already available previously with no documented issues?

Sorry @jammer.solijon, I'm not convinced community input holds any kind of weight to Zapier's Product Managers because if it did somebody with knowledge of why this integration's triggers were crippled would jump into this thread and shed light. Any other kind of response is less than meaningless, it's insulting to those who commented here. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

For this community’s benefit, I reached out to Thomas Frank on Twitter, and he responded. Apparently it’s even worse - other Notion experts have volunteered to maintain Zapier’s integration with Notion and have been met with silence.

Personally, I’ll be looking at other integration providers as per Thomas’ recommendation to find a solution for this. Waiting on Zapier seems to be an exercise in futility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ColinM 

Found this: https://notion.hostedhooks.com

Might be worth giving a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ColinM 

Looks like official Notion webhooks could be a reality in 2023: https://developers.notion.com/page/notion-platform-roadmap#near-term

If so, then that would seem to indicate that Zapier could update the Notion Zap app integration to have more triggers available/supported.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Troy Tessalone thanks for this, and for reaching out on Twitter. I’ll probably wait for the official Notion webhooks, but I won’t hold my breath for Zapier to update the Notion Zap app even once those are made available. Will probably use the generic webhook step and code it myself.

Hi, 

Please also add me to the list. We really need this feature as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bram Ramakers 👋

Thanks for reaching out here to let us know you’re also interested in being able to trigger on updated database items in Notion. I use Notion myself so I know just how useful it would be!

We’ve added your vote for this so we’ll be able to notify you as soon as that gets added. Fingers crossed it’ll be soon! 🤞