Best answer

Notion - Trigger event update database

• 23 December 2021
  • 93 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello,

I would like to create a zap from an Trigger event update of the Notion database but this does not exist for the Beta version.
Is it planned to have this functionality and if so when?
The latter is really important to all of your users.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 June 2023, 00:59

View original

93 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bruce77 

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome to the community, @Bruce77! 🎉

I appreciate you sharing your candid feedback! I dig some digging and it looks like there’s an open feature request to trigger off an updated database item.

While we don’t have a time frame when this will get implemented, I did get your vote added to that report. This way we’ll send you an email once it’s live. We’ll also be sure to keep this thread updated as soon as we know more. 🙂

Userlevel 1

@christina.d can I get added to that thread / email list as well? We have had to start building out the functionality in Automate.io :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Lee! While I’m sorry to hear this, I am glad you were able to find a solution that works for you. In the meantime, I got your vote added to this. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if and when this gets implemented! 

Userlevel 1

I noticed that this trigger is now available

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh wow, very neat! Thanks for coming back to update the thread, @Lee! Full transparency, this app is maintained by Notion’s developers so we’re stoked to see they were able to implement this. 

Userlevel 2

For me it’s less trigger now… What’s going on with the integration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for flagging this, @PBDrivers!

Hmm, it looks like the app’s developers may still be working on those triggers then. I’m not seeing them appearing on the latest version of the Notion app either so I expect more work needs to be done before they can be released.

Sorry for any confusion caused here! I can see your vote has already been added to the feature request for an updated database item trigger. I can’t make any promises as to when it will become available but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is! 

Userlevel 2

Just to make it transparent for everyone, the work needs to be done on the zapiers side to make more triggers available....

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @PBDrivers! Apologies for the late follow-up but you’re totally right - we own this integration! I’ve checked in with our product team and this looks to be pretty high on our list of things to tackle. While I don’t have an ETA to provide, rest assured that as soon as we have an update, we’ll come back to this thread to share it with y’all. 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @PBDrivers! Apologies for the late follow-up but you’re totally right - we own this integration! I’ve checked in with our product team and this looks to be pretty high on our list of things to tackle. While I don’t have an ETA to provide, rest assured that as soon as we have an update, we’ll come back to this thread to share it with y’all. 🙂

2 months ago and counting...this is a standard feature in Notion’s API and one of the top requested items to be included in Zapier. At this point you can’t convince me that this is a high priority.

Agreed, this is essential to automating Notion. Does Zapier have an ETA on this fix?

Hoping to see this added asap as well. Very limiting to just a new DB item.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @philipio and @Lop_dog 

I’ve added both your votes for this feature request and we’ll notify both of you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Please add another vote for an Updated Page or Trigger item for Notion. This is critical for calendar events that change. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @KenR 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Another vote from us. Not being able to do this is really limiting.

Vote from me as well. Could I also be notified by email whenever this update is active? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @insites, @Tijl 

I’ve added your votes for this feature request and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Same here, for us the Zapier is useless without this integration. Without it, we won't use anything from here, really, because now it is just messy complication. On our side, we need clarity. So please, add my vote.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Saden 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Could you add me to that list as well? I struggle with creating a database item, and the Zapier trigger grabbing too early, leaving all of my data empty from what Zapier pulls.

Hello,

Could you also add me to the list? This would be a terrific feature for my job.

Thanks in advance

Can you please add me to the list and throw a vote in too?

Any updates on ETA? This would be a huge win for us if it is completed soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there - @MoonRoom, @AugustinLydia, and @Wrappr! I’ve got your votes added for this feature request.

Sorry to say, I don’t have any updates or an ETA to share but we’ll absolutely email you if and when that changes!