Best answer

Notion's Files & Media Fields Missing on Zapier

• 23 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’m working on an integration between Notion <> Zapier.

All seems to be working fine except in my Zap settings some of my fields are not showing up, namely “Files & Media” type fields.

I wanted to simply pass an Image URL to my Files & Media fields, which works very well in any other type of data input.

I just don’t see these fields at all on my Zaps.

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 March 2024, 10:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @jamesb! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 🎉
Do you mind sharing which triggers and actions you’re using in your zap setup? Sometimes sharing screenshots of the setup is helpful for troubleshooting as well! Looking forward to digging into this with you! 🤗

Christina,

I’m using;

• Trigger: New Submission in Jotform
  • Action: Create Database Item in Notion

My Notion Database has many fields Zapier recognizes so I can map fields to, with the exception of the item type “Files & Media”. An exampel is shared below. This property type is not recognized by Zapier it seems, so I can’t map any datapoint to these types of fields.

By default, Notion allows image URL input into these fields, so it would be amazing if I was able to input image links in here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for clarifying that and the extra details, @jamesb!
I did some digging and you’re absolutely correct, currently it appears that file fields aren’t currently supported in the Notion app. 😔 

That said, we do have an open feature request for this that I added your vote to. While we can’t offer any guarantees on when or if this will get implemented, we’ll be sure to send an email when that takes place. We’ll also be sure to keep this thread updated for ya. I wish I had better news for you here but definitely appreciate you flagging this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 

Just popping by with a quick update to share that the feature request to support file fields in the Notion app has been implemented! 😁

In case you missed the email notification that was sent, here’s the key details from it:

I’ve got great news for you: we have added support for Files & Media Fields, allowing you to access and set file URLs. Any external file URLs are linked rather than uploaded, so please ensure any file URLs are permanent and publicly accessible (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive). If you're sourcing your file from a trigger, please add a step to upload it to a publicly accessible source before including a link to the file here.
​​​​​
Note: It's still not possible to directly upload files to Notion via Zapier

There’s nothing you need to do on your end to get access to these new capabilities but, if you run into any issues with them please do reach out in the Community or contact the Support team and we’ll be happy to assist. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡