Best answer

Notion New Item in Database trigger doesn't include content of the page

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @mtl1819, @forbyus, @Etk823, @bradnoble, @Ken Ramirez, @Juno, @chr7stos, @digidockaurora and @Majd! 👋

So sorry for the delay in a response here. I’ve added everyone’s vote to the feature request which helps to increase it’s priority, but I can’t make any promises as to when it would get implemented.

If we come across any workarounds for how to access the content in the meantime we’ll be sure to share them here. 

Hi @SamB

Even if its unlikely to happens since its been a year, can you please add me to the “list of people to update when it comes out” ? 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @thibaultp,

I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. While we don’t have an exact ETA for the implementation of this feature. We will keep you in the loop via email once there is.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Let’s say I want to write my tweets in a notion database and publish them to twitter automatically.

If I write the text of my tweet inside my notion page content, there is no way to retrieve it in zapier. I have an 1. Object Page as show in @Danvers screenshot, in this post but I’ve not the text content of that page which is what I need.

In the end the only thing that can be accessed are the database properties and not the page content, so I ended up creating a property called “text” and then added my tweet text in it, but it’s not really beautiful.

It would be cool to have the possibility to access the text that is inside a page and not having to add a property.  

i want to integrate my notion faq database to my wordpress page to create automatic posts. i’ll find a workaround until this is a feature. please add me to the list of interested :))

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @aimazap,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will let you know via email once the feature ships.

Thanks!

Super interested here too -- please add me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @ranpam! No ETA on if/when this will be implemented but you’re on the list so we’ll definitely email you as soon as this feature is added. 

Add me please, I’m just trying to send the body/content of a page to OneNote. The weird thing is that Zapier shows in YouTube videos that it’s possible, but it’s not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ERGlQLoBwI&ab_channel=ZapierAcademy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @proudmary. Ah, in the video it looks like the text that was selected from Notion a property called Story Board Scene One, rather than the page content itself. In order to access the content for the page in Notion it seems the workaround would be to add it into a separate property.

I’ve added you to the list of folks interested in being able to access the page content from Notion. I can’t make any promises around when or if it would become available but we’ll be sure to email you once it is.

I am also interested in this feature. Please expedite

+1

We would also like Notion page content to be retrieved with Zapier.

This might require more consideration given that Notion’s page content consists of block objects for text and images etc. The Notion API is detailed but unsure how page content formatting might be parsed by Zapier.

Maybe a Zapier product manager or developer might want to explain when and how this could be implemented?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dragobath and @Team1 👋

I’ve added you both to the list of users interested in this which will help to increase it’s priority and allow us to notify you both by email as soon as it’s sorted.

I totally get how crucial this for your workflows and wish I had better news to share at this time, but no updates are available at present. In the meantime, if Notion allows you to set up webhook that would send the desired page content over via a webhook you might be able to use a Webhooks by Zapier trigger for your Zaps instead. It’s a more advanced feature so would require a paid plan but thought it worth suggesting just in case. If that sounds like something you’d be interested in exploring you can find out more here: Trigger Zaps from webhooks.

Hope that helps. 🙂

Super interested here too -- please add me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it @Sylvaincouderc! I’ve added you to the list of interested users as well. If and when it’s sorted you’ll get an email notification from us to alert you that it’s been implemented. 🙂

Would also like to know this! Otherwise Notion is quite useless for my zapier actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @kacalica! I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to this. We can’t make any promises around when this would be implemented by but you’re on the list so you’ll definitely be one of the first to be notified by email when it is!

Yes add me up

Add me to the list please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @Kainjoo and @Bassen! 🙂

You’ve both been added to the list now. We can’t give any sort of ETA on when it might be implemented by but we’ll be sure to message you by email once it is. 

@SamB please also add me to the list of interested users

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sanj. 👋

Of course! Happy to confirm that you’ve been added to the list as well. As ever, we can’t provide an ETA on when it will be sorted but you can expect an email notification from us just as soon as the missing Notion page content becomes available to use in your Zaps. 🙂

I’d like to join the interested user list too!

Thank you 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Dani Luque! 🙂 I’ve added you to the list as well so we’ll be sure to send you an email as soon as it’s been implemented. 

I’ve spent about 2 hours experimenting with this - I simply assumed it must be possible!

Add me to the growing list, please, @SamB !

Thanks

Alex

In my case, I specifically want to copy the content of one database item into the content of an item in a different database.

Thanks