Best answer

Notion “Invalid select option, commas not allowed” error

• 22 December 2021
  • 5 replies

I created a lead generation form in Typeform ,everything is working fine but, I am facing a problem with one item in my notion database which causes my zap to fail. below details are provided.

1. I have a question in my “Typeform” which is multiple choice with multiple selections disabled thus only one choice can be selected. 

Typeform multiple choice question with multiple selection disabled

1. Created a “select” property in notion as it shows in the picture
    Notion Property Type

1. When zapier is running it says that commas are not allowed and I don't want to delete commas from my Typeform because it represent numbers and I am using commas so that numbers can be easily readable.
Zapier Error

I tried to change the property in notion to “multiple selection” , then the zap worked but the selection text are splitted by comma, It should be $3,000 - $10,000

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 December 2021, 17:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hani Aago

When creating a database item, I’m getting an error about an invalid option

When using field types “Tags”, “Select”, or “Multi-select”, the tags or options used need to be created in the database in advance. Go back to the database in Notion and add the tag or options to a database item first.

Hi @Hani Aago

When creating a database item, I’m getting an error about an invalid option

When using field types “Tags”, “Select”, or “Multi-select”, the tags or options used need to be created in the database in advance. Go back to the database in Notion and add the tag or options to a database item first.

I already created the tag in notion which is a “select” property 

It seems zapier can’t run text with comma for a “select” property

Here are the tags that created for the select property in notion , the same as in the Typeform

I am still getting the error when I choose that data entry for zapier as shown below

Or should I put the data entry like this

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hani Aago 

These values still are different, thus the error.

The values from Typeform have commas.

The values in Notion have no commas.

Try adjusting your Notion field options to have commas to match.

Otherwise, you can use a Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table Zap step to translate the value formats: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

I understand now , the problem is that Notion field options can’t have commas if I want to use a select property .

I couldn’t do the solution that you provided. it is so complicated but, instead of that; I created the Notion field as a “plain text” and it worked.

Thanks