Best answer

Notion email ID to MailChimp

• 29 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to set up my automation in zapier to transfer the email ID and data  from notion to mailchimp. Here is my process:

- In notion, under docs, I created a new folder that I upload my CSV file unto

• Every day I upload a new CSV to the same folder

I need zap to automate the process where it will pull the CSV data from each daily file, how can I do this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 29 March 2023, 15:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Sama! 🙂

It sounds like you’re looking to extract the data from within files that are uploaded into Notion then add it into Mailchimp, is that correct?

If so, as Mailchimp doesn’t have a specific upload CSV file action, you’d need an app to extract the data from the CSV file. The Formatter app would be capable of importing the data for you to access within the Zap. Then you’d also need to use a Looping by Zapier action to run through each of the CSV entries to add each subscriber into Mailchimp using an Add/Update Subscriber action.

Here’s the setup I’m thinking you’d need here:

• Trigger: New Database Item (Notion) - Triggers when the new file item is added in Notion.
  • Action: Utilities > Import CSV File (Formatter) - Select the file object from the Notion trigger. See Import CSV files into Zaps for more details.
  • Action: Create Loop From Line Items (Looping by Zapier) - Uses the CSV line items generated by the Formatter action to create a list of subscribers to loop through individually. See our Loop your Zap actions guide to learn more. 
    • Action: Add/Update Subscriber (Mailchimp) - Adds or updates the subscriber accordingly using details passed to the Looping by Zapier action.

Do you think that could work for you here? Or have I misunderstood your requirements?

Userlevel 1

I believe this covers what I am looking for, one question: Will this automatically pull the data from new CSV file uploaded? or will it only pull data from the current file linked? 
If so how can I automatically let mailchimp pull data as soon as I insert the CSV file

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sama!

The Zap Sam described will trigger each time a new item (eg the file) is added to Notion. It will automatically take the data from the csv file and send it to MailChimp when you add a new file to Notion. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!