Best answer

Notify when a subscription occurs on specific dates

Userlevel 1

Hi! 
I would like to be notify when our products are purchased on 29th, 30th and 31th of each month of the year. 

Do you no if it is possible? We work with Ontraport. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 25 November 2022, 10:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MPCMV 

To achieve that, you will need the following actions:

1. Formatter by Zapier > Date / Time > Format. Add the date field of the purchase from the Trigger (Ontraport in this case) in Input, To Format should be Custom and type DD, include the From Format (depending on the date format in the Input field) and click Test. The outcome will be the Day of the date you inputted 
  2. Add a Filter step, only continue if Output from the Formatter step (Number) Greater Than 29. Test the filter.
  3. Add an email step (or whatever type of notification you are looking for, maybe SMS by Zapier, Slack) and set up the notification you want

Hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy Monday @MPCMV! Hope you had a great weekend, were you able to set-up the Zap using Moh’s outline above? Let us know if you have any questions 😁

Userlevel 1

Hi @chanelle and @MohSwellam ! 

Thank you for these messages. 

I am really not familiar with Zapier and don’t understand the first step Formatter by Zapier > Date / Time > Format. 

Does “formatter by zapier” = create zap (on the homepage) ?

Have a great day, 

Mélissa

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Melissa 

Formatter by Zapier is one of the many apps available in Zapier. So yes, you would Create a New Zap and set it up as mentioned above. 

Please check Zapier University https://zapier.com/university for great videos on how to start with Zapier

Userlevel 1

Hi Moh, 

Thanks I started looking at the videos about Formatter 😁 and on how to start with Zapier. 

When I look for the formatter it seems to be unavailable:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MPCMV 

Yes, the formatter is not available as a trigger. The trigger (which is the very first step, this is what tells the Zap to run) should be Ontraport > Product Purchased since you want the zap to run whenever your product is purchased. The formatter would be the step after that. 

Do I understand that correctly? 

Userlevel 1

Moh, 

Ok wasn’t sure about this first step.

When entering the Product ID: 

• Do you confirm that I can only enter one product per zap ? 
  • I understand that I need to enter a number. Does this number must be created on Zapier or is it something I find on Ontraport? I looked at my products details and we do not have numbers related to our products. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MPCMV 

can you please screenshot the trigger step so i can confirm the above questions? 

The number wouldnt need to be created by zapier, this is the internal id of the product in Ontraport

Userlevel 1

Hi Moh, 

here you are: 

Here is what our products looks like in Ontraport: 
So I might have to ask our developers where I can find a different ID as we have here. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MPCMV 

Ok, so it seems the product ID is required, so yes, you need to have a zap for each product. I can see the product id in the URL (id=1) 

So if you have 5 products you will need to have 5 zaps, each for a product, that you can actually select when you click on Product ID field 

Userlevel 1

Hi Moh!
I am almost finished :D

I followed all your steps and I’m missing one more thing. 

How can I add the e-mail of the client that purchased the product in my email notification? 

Thank you so much for your patience and kind help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Its always my pleasure to help 😊

So the email part should be the easier part, you dont get the email in the response from Ontraport? Check the Trigger data result for the word email maybe? Then in the email body you can put it there. 

Userlevel 1

It worked! Thanks again. 

Have a great day!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Awesome. Glad to help :) Can you please mark the best reply as Answer?