Skip to main content

Im sorry Im trying to manage the zaps for our charity and Im actually in tears stuck. We recruit people via meta and then usually the rest is automated. It started off working but somehow midway thru the automation has fully stopped. It says I have a troublehsooting issue with timelines.ai saying The app returned "Destination phone number is in invalid format". But more than that it seems like even the updating to google sheets isnt happening at the moment. Please can someone help!

I would happily pay someone to just walk me thru this and even if anyone was available for short troubleshooting in future where we could agree on a rate.

i believe we’ve got quite simple problems - it’s just I’m managing this out with my normal

job role! Thank you!

Hi there @Ellesbelles,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

At the moment, Zaps are only built to look at new and incoming information when they are turned on. A Zap won't process existing data or data sent while the Zap is turned off. You can read a bit more about this here:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/why-isnt-my-zap-triggering-on-existing-records

This means that data created before the Zap is turned on won't be pulled in automatically. That said, if you're able to export that data as a spreadsheet or CSV file, you may be able to "import" them using a separate Zap. This guide has some excellent visual references for getting that workaround set up:

https://community.zapier.com/tips-and-inspiration-5/use-google-sheets-to-import-existing-data-from-your-apps-12143?postid=51061#post51061

For Eventbrite, you would need to use the API Request (Beta) action to get that. After the trigger and before the filter, add the action for API Request (Beta).

200e0f6da7b1f80babd393878b6f421a.png
(view larger)

To set up the action, use the Get request and map the Resource URL field. Add the query string parameters, as shown in the screenshot below.

2f3fc161a44c79b40212488e8f4b4483.png
(view larger)

Text the action and then go to your filter action. 

Use the opted-in value from step 2, and it is true. 

11f0714e8c5974561213c4106b35c68b.png
(view larger)

Is that something that could work for you? I'll be looking forward to your reply.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

HI @Ellesbelles For timelines.ai, they are a whatsapp management tool so there is really strict formatting for the number format or else it won’t connect to whatsapp. Apart from what Ken mentioned about “off” zaps, I think the key issue here is how your steps are passing the phone number - I have experienced this in the past so I am guessing that is your core issue.