Best answer

No errors in Zapier but no update in sheets

• 15 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a zap set up where I want a new row put in a spreadsheet makes an update (new row) in another sheet. The zap works fine, I don’t get an error, after I set up the zap.

But there is no update in the target sheet.

It is from Excel to an excel file.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 7 July 2020, 06:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JanBons!

It looks like you’ve contacted our Support team and they sent you a response with some instructions :) Please respond to that message, since our Support team will have more access to your Zaps, our logs, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JanBons - Thanks for being patient and chatting with Fran from Zapier Support. We wanted to share your answer with the rest of the community:

So I think what you are looking for here is a "find row" step for Excel

That might look like this -
1a2428b2911212d1755348c743503523.png

You see the step for finding a row allows the option to create one if none are found, and then, the update step will update any row found or created in that second step :)
that is done by using a custom field to add the row ID into that 3rd update step
4217b9e075b94c7d8947ec8c380460b7.png

I know that's alot but give it a try and let me know how you get on :) we can work on it from there if you have any questions