Best answer

No email address given with Meetup New Member in group trigger

• 13 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

We really need this feature  too, you can already manually retrieve the list of the attendants of a webinar, so it should not be complicated to add, but it's already been 4 months since this feature was requested

By the way I try to setup a MeetUp zap to retrieve emails from new group member, that simply doesn’t work the zap never retrieves any email even when the group members are willing to share them

We have been unlucky with zapier for the moment either the features do not exist or they do not work

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 July 2021, 19:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Dorian

I took a look at our records for Meetup and it looks like the New Member in Group trigger doesn’t provide the email address of the member. We do have a feature request for that addition and I’ve added you as an interested user on that. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

I’m sorry that Zapier is missing some of the features that you need, I know that can be really frustrating! Thanks for letting us know what you need from your Zaps, it really helps us to know what users like you want to see. 

Thank you for your answer but this is absurd, it’s not a “feature” that we request, that’s a functionality you say you have but that doesn’t work

If we can’t get email addresses from members, explain to me how this zap “Meetup+Gmail” is supposed to work?

Moreover I saw your features request process, people ask to be able to receive the list of participants to a zoom webinar since 4 months, absolutely nothing has been done

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Dorian Thanks for your feedback! To add some context, the Zap you’ve pictured could be used for many workflows, like sending an email to an administrator when a new member is added to a Meetup group. I understand that’s not the workflow you’re hoping to use and I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Once we have an update on this feature request you’ll be notified directly!