Best answer

No Affinity data is being pulled from C/S relation field to Gmail when testing my Zap.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I am trying to create a trigger from Affinity to Gmail.

Once I update one table-specific field that I created: C/S Relation, I want to receive an email with some fields of the person update, including the data in this column C/S Relation.

Even when I type “C/S Relation” in Custom, the data is not being pulled by the test.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Aaron1515 16 June 2022, 19:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michael_CalmStorm 

If this indeed is another issue with Infinity, then it may appear the Infinity Zap app integration has some bugs/issues that you should raise with the Zapier Support team: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

NOTE: Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Michael_CalmStorm! It looks like our support team got back to you on this and said:

I took a look at this and it seems only certain field types are supported for that specific Zapier trigger. More info here:
https://support.affinity.co/hc/en-us/articles/360032958852-Zapier-Triggers

Can you confirm the Field you're looking for in the dropdown is one of the supported types as per the documentation above? If so, please let me know the specific field type and please send a full-screen screenshot (including the URL bar) of the field in question from within Affinity so I can have a look.

Once you reply to the ticket with this info, they can continue digging into this for you. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for the reply. The field is not supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Michael_CalmStorm thanks for the confirmation and sorry to hear that. 😔 It might still be helpful to follow-up with the Affinity team to advocate for that field type to be supported. 

Curious: What kind of field was it that isn’t supported? I would love to update this thread with more clarity for anyone following along. Let me know!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is a field that is specific for this table. But is not shown as an option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Michael_CalmStorm Thank you for confirming! Keeping my fingers crossed that Affinity adds support for this soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi friends! Popping into consolidate some of the responses in the thread. 🤗

Ultimately, it appears this field type is not supported by Affinity. The “Field Value Changes” Affinity trigger only supports certain fields, which you can read up on here: https://support.affinity.co/hc/en-us/articles/360032958852-Zapier-Triggers.

For other interested users, it might be helpful to reach out to the Affinity team to express your interest!

Userlevel 1

Hi friends! Popping into consolidate some of the responses in the thread. 🤗

Ultimately, it appears this field type is not supported by Affinity. The “Field Value Changes” Affinity trigger only supports certain fields, which you can read up on here: https://support.affinity.co/hc/en-us/articles/360032958852-Zapier-Triggers.

For other interested users, it might be helpful to reach out to the Affinity team to express your interest!

By default, there are only some fields that are supported using the “Field Value Changes in Affinity”. However, you can use webhooks to trigger on ANY fields, including notes trigger. See image below on how this would look like.

First you would need to use “Webooks by Zapier”, to get the party started.

After you have select the Webhook, then you will be given a webhook URL. This is to tell Affinity where to send the updates to. You would need to enable this, if you do not know how to enable webhooks to the specific URL, send the URL to support@affinity.co to let them know what you’re trying to do. And they could establish the connect for you, and start sending notification to the URL.

Once you have it enabled, you would need to put a filter in place to make sure you are only receiving the information you want. Such as, you ware only looking at your “C/S Relation” column. So you would need to use another Zapier’s custom filter, “Filter by Zapier”.

Then you will need to tell Zapier which column you would like to filter. Only allowing “C/S Relation” to go pass this test. With Filtering you would need to use the Field ID number, if you are unsure what this ID is, please reach out to support@affinity.co, and ask for the ID number. When asking for the ID number, do let us know which company you are representing, the name of the list, and the column name. 

And this is how you can create a custom trigger on any fields (almost any), or notes trigger.