Best answer

Ninja form dropdown menu zaps to Google Sheets

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m trying to figure something out here I hope someone can shed some light on for me. I’ve used Zapier before for Ninja Forms to zap a row to Google Sheets without any problems but this is my first time adding a form dropdown menu.

I had hoped that I could add a zap just for the dropdown itself (labelled Show Name) but see every option listed in the menu as though they’re separate fields.:

For those familiar with Ninja Forms, this is how the menu appears on the WordPress end:

I’m scratching my head trying to work out a solution and would very much appreciate any assistance or pointers.

Thanks,

Neal

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 June 2022, 15:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Zod!

Unfortunately, you’ve ran into an issue that we know about with the Ninja Forms Zapier integration. I've added you as an affected user on the issue report, which lets the Ninja team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zod 

Good question.

Looks like you could use this variable which seems to indicate the selected dropdown option:

Example:

Give that a try and let us know.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much both, really appreciate it.

Just wondering is this a recent issue as I would imagine lots of Ninja forms would have dropdown select menus?

I did try adding your example but no luck I’m afraid. It just parses through that option (which would be removed from the front end form  as these dropdown options are updated monthly.

It’s just the Show Name menu so to speak, that my client would need parsed as the select field options would change all; the time.

Thanks again,

Neal

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zod 

Try this workaround: Ninja Forms Webhooks: https://ninjaforms.com/docs/webhooks/

Zap trigger would be: Webhooks - Catch Hook

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks very much for the suggestion, I did just download and install the webhooks plugin but I’m not sure I understand what I need to do. I’m a bit of a newbie here so unsure of some of the terminology. The last time I set a zap up it seemed fairly straightforward to do.

All the regular single line text fields, email fields, dates etc all go through fine but unable to get a dropdown menu select field to  go through with the user’s chosen option.

I appreciate the assistance, if you have any other suggestions or pointers to a tutorial on this I’d appreciate it.

Cheers,

Neal

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zod 

Using webhooks is an advanced approach.

The webhook URL to use will be generated from the Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

Did you try following this article from Ninja Forms?

https://ninjaforms.com/docs/webhooks/

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I have and am struggling with it a bit. I’ll persevere and see how I get on.

Much appreciated,

Neal

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

This below crackled it:

I was overcomplicating things. Once I looked again and saw it didn’t have an option attached I realised it would work. Which it did.

Thank you so much for your  help!

Neal

Looks like you could use this variable which seems to indicate the selected dropdown option:

Example:

Give that a try and let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for keeping us posted on your success, @Zod! So glad to hear you were able to get this sorted. 🎉