Best answer

New webinar registrations can't be added to zoom if the meeting ID is dynamic

Userlevel 1

I had a zoom webinar integration that has been working for 5 months and as of today it does not work anymore no matter what I try. When you add a webinar registration with a dynamic webinar ID you do not have the option to add a last name and therefore it fails. I tested the dynamic id for adding a meeting registrant and it works fine. The bug is only isolated to the webinar registrant.

I know this is a know issue, but like I said before it has worked everyday for 5 months until today. I have tried every trick that people have offered up including all the tricks around the last name required, completing the zap with an extra unknown field, etc. 

Are there any new ideas to fix this? If I don’t use a dynamic field for the webinar id, it works great but that does me no good since we have people registering for up to 20 different webinars at the same time.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 21 September 2022, 03:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Same issue here. The first error shows up on my task history just after noon (UTC-5) on Aug 12, previous successful zap was on Aug 9 at about 1pm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @zeldas ,

Sorry you are running into this! It sounds like you might be encountering a known bug around dynamic values within the Meeting ID with the Zoom integration.

I am adding you as an impacted users which will make sure that we notify you when there is an update!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here, please add me to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Alex834 I have added you to the list!

Same here, please add me to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @EduardPoche - I’ve added you as an affected user on that issue, thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Silas  you can setup a webhook to zapier when the Webinar launches. https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference

And by having a clear nameconvention you can setup a list in airtable (or gsheet) and fire out emails when opening the webinar with a link. 

Userlevel 1

The whole purpose for me is to push registrations into zoom when I receive them through my internal software. The webhook you describe would be of no use.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

The whole purpose for me is to push registrations into zoom when I receive them through my internal software. The webhook you describe would be of no use.

Ah ok. Gotcha yeah well that's totally different! Sorry. But for all who need flexibility that's a solution we tested it and works solid with some .js.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, the current setup is pretty useless. Pls count my vote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mrjcleaver thanks for letting us know that you’d like to be added as an affected user on that issue, I’ve done that now, thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any update on this?  Please add me as an a affected user too.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Alex834 before we add you to the bug report, can I double check something? Are you seeing an error when you try and use a custom value for the webinar? If so what does it say?

Userlevel 1
Badge

As soon as you enter the dynamic value in the custom field, it doesn’t gives you the last name which a sign that it will fail

If I enter the zoom ID manually in the custom field, it works

Thanks,

Alex

having this same issue. Can i also be notified when there is a fix? I’m getting the same thing as Alex above, hardcoding the ID in the custom field works, but when I try to pull from a previous step I’m getting invalid meetingId

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for that confirmation @Alex834, that tells me that you are experiencing the same bug, I’m sorry about that!

I’ve added you and @ryanjudyccm to the list of affected users on that issue, which lets the Zoom team know how many users are affected and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

I guess that the issue with connecting Webinar Registrant through Zoom in Zapier is still not working. Have anyone found a solution? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Toure Y.!

This issue is still open, and has not yet been resolved. I’ve gone ahead and added you as an affected user (I assume you are, since you asked about it). Once it’s resolved you’ll be notified via email!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! I wanted to pop in and let ya’ll know this bug has officially been closed! 🎉

My teammate @nicksimard being the wizard ✨ he is even put together an article on mapping fields to dynamic dropdown fields. Check it out here:

Thanks for being so patient while the team dug into this!